Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blue Poplin Burda Dress


Fabric: printed poplin from Lincraft
This was my first attempt at this pattern (later used in the London-Delft dress) which I made last year.  I cut a size 40 but I think I should've cut a 38 - I took it in at the sides and kept having to cut the armholes deeper as they cut in at the front every time I tried to move my arms.  I added a waistband because I thought the bodice looked rather short, then realised it looked terrible with the extra length.  So I kept the waistband, but this time I just laid it on top of the existing bodice.  So it may look like it has an extra piece, but it isn't really functional.  It adds some extra definition to the waist though, which is nice.  I think the skirt might have more fabric in it than it's meant to - I just used the whole width.  Anyway, I'm very happy with this dress : )

No comments:

Post a Comment